Menter Iaith Sir Ddinbych’s work encompasses many different areas and varies year on year depending on the opportunities that arise, the needs of the community, and developments in Welsh Language Policy.
Menter Iaith Sir Ddinbych’s goals…
Our long-term aims are:
- Normalising the use of the Welsh language for most of the County’s population for all aspects of life
- Ensure that opportunities and encouragement is available for those who move here and that non-Welsh speaking residents are able to learn the language
- Ensure that there are opportunities for the native residents to develop their information regarding the language and their use of the language
- Influence on a vast range of social, economical, cultural and educational activities in the county to develop it to be thoroughly bilingual or Welsh
A taste of our work…
Promoting the value of the Welsh language to Parents
- Hold activities to promote the value of the support and opportunities available for parents to raise their children in the Welsh language or bilingually.
Welsh activities for children and young people
- Organising Welsh language activities for children and young people ages 4-16 – art workshops, sports clubs, holiday clubs, Lego and Minecraft workshops and ukulele workshops – giving them an opportunity to use Welsh in an informal and fun setting.
- Holding social Welsh language events in the community
- Offering advice and support regarding the use of the Welsh language, awareness of the language or support with organizing and / or promoting activities.
Working with partners for the sake of the language
- Coordinating the county’s Welsh Language Forun (Partner Iaith Sir Ddinbych) to encourage working in partnership and avoid duplication by developing, supporting and promoting the Welsh language in Denbighshire.